On 5 October 2021, the Foothills Foundation and Charitable Trust had our Annual General Meeting and election of Board members and office bearers for the year ahead.
In line with the times, the meeting was on Zoom as has been the case with most Board meetings over the past couple of years.
The elections resulted in Peter Maguire (President), Martin Lane (Treasurer), Bruce Stewart (Secretary) and Tegan Rose, Tamara Lloyd, Natalie Hallett, Lauren Gordon and Paul McPherson (Board Members) all being returned unopposed.
Tony Wright after many years’ service decided not to nominate as he is transitioning towards retirement but will still be helping out with legal and governance matters where needed and will remain a Director for the Charitable Trust.
We were delighted to have another new Board member in Colleen Sinclair, a local businessperson with valuable skills and networks and a passion for helping the community.
The President thanked Tony for his outstanding contribution over the years and welcomed Colleen to the Foundation team.
He also made note of:
- The continued evolution of the Board and the need to continue with that renewal
- The difficult circumstances that the Foundation like everyone has had to weather, especially in not being able to run the major fundraising events over the past two year
- The way that the Foundation was able to step in and provide grants to local community services needing support to service community demand for help during COVID
- His gratitude for the work done by previous Boards in building a sustainable funds base which made that possible and which has seen the Foundation through COVID much better than many other charities
- The generosity of the donors who supported the Foundation in these challenging times
- The fantastic effort of Tamara Lloyd, Natalie Hallett and Lauren Gordon to raise $10,000 through the High Tea event which they collectively transformed into a signature event for the Foundation going forward
- The great work done by the Grants Committee of Bruce Stewart, Tegan Rose and Mandy Maguire
Here is the full President’s report FOOTHILLS FOUNDATION – PRESIDENT’S REPORT 2021